Monday, April 9, 2012

Miko: Beautiful child

Oh were to begin? How about with the most important and precious. All of you, the whole couple loyal friends who check this, already know I had my baby Miko Fedora. Her delivery was perfect! I went in about 12:30am November 16 having little contractions and by 10am, I was ready to push. I am a wimp and got an epidural at about 7am so I did endure some pretty good contractions before the numbing. With Emory I also had an epidural and never had any sensation to push. So with this labor I was expecting the same thing. My parents and I were chatting when all of a sudden I felt ALOT of pressure. I told the nurse, who had just checked me minutes before and was only 4 cm, that I thought something was happening and was nauseous. She checked me again and I was 10cm! It took the doctor about 10 minutes to get to the hospital. I immediately started pushing and boom, Miko popped out on the third push! This too was totally an opposite experience from Emory's delivery; I pushed over two hours with him to only have him vacuumed out ;( We were able to leave the hospital the very next morning, which is a day early, because we both were doing so well!

Miko was a healthy 7lbs 2 oz, and 19 inches though she looked so bony and skinny. I couldn't dream of a more perfect baby. She had no problems breastfeeding and gained weight alittle too fast.She doubled her birth weight by 2 months! She is so content, calm, and happy. She doesn't cry much, sleeps great, and is so beautiful. And Emory, oh my, has loved her from the first minute he met her and has shown almost no jealousy or contention towards her. I don't mean to brag but I have some awesome children. 

I'm at my mom's right now so I dont have all my pictures but here are a few that she has.

                                                              Her Happy Birthday
                                       
                                                               One week old
     
                                          She is pretty bold on top but has dark hair in the back
 

                                          She already has two teeth at only 4 months

                                              I'm in love her dark blue eyes



0 comments: